Consumer Interviews & Social Media Analysis: Craft beer culture in Japan
How we investigated Japanese craft beer habits
Using consumer interviews and social media analysis, we gave our client access to a bigger picture of the Japanese craft beer market. Our recommendations were based on interviews conducted and social media listening / trend research.
- 5 in-depth interviews, subtitled in English, with summaries
- 30 cases of social media listening, dissecting Japanese user drinking habits and attitudes
- 1 in-depth report with insights analysed by theme
A unique beverages market
A major drinks company, having recently acquired a beer brand for the Japanese market, sought to understand attitudes towards craft beer among locals drinking it in Japan.
How we conducted Japanese consumer interviews
- Developed and spearheaded a questionnaire answering our client’s questions on drinking habits
- Recruited avid fans of Craft or Premium beer for consumer interviews.
- Conducted Japanese consumer interviews on their expectations and attitudes with craft beer.
- Thoroughly analysed Japanese social media trends relating to craft beer.
Video interviews, social media listening